Monday, February 2, 2009

signs I know I'm back home in the DR

1. I watched one motorcycle driver take a drink from a bottle of Presidente, pass it to the passenger on another motorcycle who took a drink, passed it to his driver who took a drink before passing it back to the original driver, all while going about 25 mph.

2. At least 10 people have "complimented" Kelly and I for looking "mas gordo".

3. The toilet paper is back in the garbage can (though admittedly I had a hard time remembering to flush it back in the states.)

4. I'm sweating.

We had the most magnificent time with you all. Thank you for being such blessings in our lives.

Love,
M&K

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found the key to the "mas gordo" comments is to try and get a virus and be deathly ill for a few days upon arrival. At church on Sunday I got all kinds of comments, including how they thought my butt had filled out, but I got sick on Monday and lost 9 pounds. So we'll see what they have to say now.

It was great to see you for a bit at Cabella's,
Eric