Saturday, February 14, 2009

"the look"….bad words…and a swift kick in the….

Prince Charming! Prince Eric! Prince Philip! Beast! Where are you?!

Confession –
the American dream of being swept off my feet is deeply ingrained in me.

Definition – “Swept off my feet” – Chivalry. It all starts with a romantic first date where the man opens doors, pays for a nice/simple dinner, maybe out to ice cream and shows me the utmost respect the entire night. Every American girl has some version of the dream.

Observation – “Machismo” runs deep in the blood of 99% of all Dominican men. Every Macho man gives “the look”.

Confession – I will NEVER get used to Machismo.

Definition – “The Look” - Whenever I am out no matter whether I am alone or with someone, I get "the look". This look consists of a Dominican man staring at me and looking me up and down like he is undressing me with his eyes. This is usually followed by a “sly” comment such as, “I Love you baby”, “I want to have your baby”, “Come here my lovely”. Then they make some kissing noises at me like that is reeeeally going to draw me in. To be fair this look is given to all women but especially the white women. You could be the ugliest white woman alive and you would still get “the look”.

Observation – Today I went running around my neighborhood. I was alone so to be safe I stayed within at least 4 blocks of the house and ran on busy streets. EVERY single man I passed gave me “the look”, a few words, and of course, the kissy noise which is oh so sexy. Unfortunately today I ran passed a group of construction men twice. It was the worst run I have ever had.

Confession – I wish I had a button to deflate my boobs. I wish I had a pair of ugly fake teeth that I could wear when I go out….you know the kind kids wear on Halloween with missing teeth and brown gums. Every time I walk past these men, all the bad words I was ever taught come to mind and I create at least two sentences I might say to them. I have to hold down my hand as to not give them an unkind gesture. Best of all sometimes I wish after I get the look I could give them all a swift kick in the…. You know what I mean?!

Definition – “A nice person” – Someone who holds back bad thoughts and gives joy to other people.

Observation – I am so glad to have already found my Prince Charming.

Happy Valentine's Day! Feliz Dia de Amistad!

Con Amor,
K&M

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

And he's so lucky to have found his sweet and loving princ-ess!

What amazing experiences you are having. Loved this entry!

Steve and I think of you often, have your pic on our bulletin board and send our prayers and love.

Margie (Tyler's mom)